Edit Area - Floor Elevations don't copy correctly

Joe_Carrick

I have 2 Plans - same building.  I want to copy floors 3 & 4 from Plan #2 to Plan #1.

In both Plans, the Floor Elevations start at 0 and increment 10'.

When I copy from Plan 2 to Plan 1 Floor 3 should be at Elevation 20' and Floor 4 should be at Elevation 30'.  But they come over at Elevation 0 & 10'.  This is basically unusable.

Is there another way to merge Floors from 2 different Plan Files?  I really need to put Floors 1 & 2 of Plan 1 with Floors 3 & 4 of Plan 2.

Yes, I created all four floors in each plan.

Plan 1 has Floor 1&2 finished & floors 3 & 4 blank.

Plan 2 has Floor 1,2,3 &4 finished.

When I copy Floor 3 or 4 from Plan 2 to the corresponding Floor of Plan 1 they don't go to the correct elevation.  I'm given a message that the old and new elevations are not the same. 

Yes, I created all four floors in each plan.

Plan 1 has Floor 1&2 finished & floors 3 & 4 blank.

Plan 2 has Floor 1,2,3 &4 finished.

When I copy Floor 3 or 4 from Plan 2 to the corresponding Floor of Plan 1 they don't go to the correct elevation.  I'm given a message that the old and new elevations are not the same. 

I think you said you were copying floor 3 of existing to floor 3 of new.  Have not checked out,  but maybe you have to somehow predefined floor 1 and 2 elevations for the new floor 3 to come in a correct location.  No matter,   I would assume it is a simple matter of adjust the elevations in the floor dvx.

Scott,

It's my house - I essentially took the original Plan - copied it and made some modifications to flr #3 & #4.

Then I deleted everything on those floors of the original and tried to copy the modified floors back to the original.

I'm wondering if the extreme terrain is having an effect during the copy.  I don't know why that would be but it definitely creates a mess.

I can't believe the terrain would have an effect.  To test this you could delete the terrain.

I think your house would be a nightmare to edit and copy area to a different plan,  so many things going on with the spaces within your house.

So I finally got it to work by copying Floor 2 from the original to the Plan that had the revised Floor 3 & 4.  Evidently there needs to be something above, not just a blank floor.  Floor Elevations are evidently dependent on the Floor above and it needs to have at least one existing room.

The other thing that I fouund was that if I used Edit_Area>Edit_Area_Visible that it crashed Chief.whereas Edit_Area>Edit_Area worked.