Window auto-resize above backsplash

Renerabbitt

I think it may have been that way since you first started using the program buddy.  To be honest though, I either forgot about it or never noticed it either. 

Also, it doesn't need a backsplash.  It just seems to need a lower cabinet.

5 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I think it may have been that way since you first started using the program buddy.  To be honest though, I either forgot about it or never noticed it either. 

Also, it doesn't need a backsplash.  It just seems to need a lower cabinet.

I'm guessing you're right, my draw order was backwards apparently. I always drop in windows before cabs.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:37 AM, Renerabbitt said:

Okay, jokes on me...how long have I been missing out on this?

Windows auto size when placed where a backsplash is present..amazing Chief. Thank you

The whole time! However, I always use a backsplash height of 18" (20" if there's light rail) so I have to resize those windows all the time anyways. I usually use a 40" high window set at 83" to the top.

But it is satisfying to learn / realize a gem like that in the program!

OK, I guess it's a matter of how you work.  I don't place cabinets first.  I almost always place the doors and windows before cabinets. 

If I place a window with a 30" sill height and then place a base cabinet that's 36" tall.  The window doesn't resize.

OTOH, if I reverse the the process, the window will be auto adjusted so that it doesn't go below the top of the cabinet or backsplash.

I prefer my design order since it doesn't allow Chief to do something that I don't want it to.

• Upvote 1