Temporary Dimensions

KevinWaldron

I've started using Chief X12 and I've run into an issue...Is there any way to simplify my temp dimensions to where it does not look like the picture I've provided? (The wall with the arrow pointed at it is the one I have selected.) In older versions of Chief if I clicked on a wall, it would give a few dimensions to adjust the walls if needed to, but nothing more than that. I have looked through all of preferences, and default sets and have yet to figure it out. Any direction on where to look would be greatly appreciated! 

Kevin

Snag_fa9353d.thumb.png.058451e2c1a752c324513b13f62f6995.png

15 minutes ago, solver said:

It's because Auto Interior Dimensions is on, but the display of auto dimensions is off.

Temp dimensions only show when there are no other dimensions.

Ah yes, I see what you mean. And with a mess like that, it might be worth deleting all or most of those. Eric, do you ever use Auto-interior dimensions? I make sure that particular tool is never available so I can never touch it!

2 hours ago, solver said:

Never. They removed it from the toolbar in X11, so not sure how this could happen to the OP.

They only moved it to the Edit Toolbar, so when a Room is selected you can do it rm by rm not the whole house as before

Just to clarify, those "Temporary Dimensions" you're seeing aren't actually Chief's automated Temporary Dimensions.  If Chief sees that there's already a suitable manually placed dimension, then Chief displays that dimension instead.  Chief will display any/all valid dimensions this way as Temporary Dimensions regardless of what layer they're on.  It looks to me like you probably just have a lot of valid dimensions on a bunch of different layers.  When you select an object, you're just seeing all of them all at once.

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

hey only moved it to the Edit Toolbar, so when a Room is selected you can do it rm by rm not the whole house as before

You can still group select all rooms and use the tool though.  And for the record, it was already in the edit toolbar.  They just removed it from the main toolbar.