Has anyone done a "How to Make a Custom Cabinet Door Video"?

I need to make a KraftMaid 'Raliegh' door style. I don't see a video by Chief Architect, and I haven't been successful with their videos on Custom Muntins for Windows or doors. If you have made one, please let me know. Many Thanks, ~Cheryl

DzinEye, Thanks for the excellent symbol! It works very well! That said, I'm going to have Alaska_Son make a video for me. I followed the CA instructions up to the point of trying to insert the muntin and just ran my head into a brick wall. Many thanks for your time and willingness to help! ~Cheryl

DzinEye Raliegh Door.PNG

22 minutes ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

DzinEye, Thanks for the excellent symbol! It works very well! That said, I'm going to have Alaska_Son make a video for me. I followed the CA instructions up to the point of trying to insert the muntin and just ran my head into a brick wall. Many thanks for your time and willingness to help! ~Cheryl

The knowledge garnered to do what I did there was primarily taken from a video Michael (Alaskan_Son) had already done about copying existing symbols and deleting surfaces to make a new symbol.    You may notice a short-coming to the door though... 

As far as I can tell this particular door style poses an impossible challenge to truly do it properly as a single properly scalable symbol.  There is no way to create stretch planes that would allow the door frames to stay fixed to their proper width.  They scale uniformly with the entire door.  The unique design of the panel needs to scale uniformly.  The only way I think it can be done would be to have two piece doors.  One piece being just a glass panel door with no design which scales around a vertical and horizontal stretch plane, then a separate panel with the design which scales uniformly.

23 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

There is no way to create stretch planes that would allow the door frames to stay fixed to their proper width.

This is true, but you should be able to

use Stretch ZONES.  

12 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

This is true, but you should be able to

use Stretch ZONES.  

Ahaa... thanks.  I'll have to look into that.  I've seen several videos and documents which mention stretch planes, this is the first I recall hearing of a stretch zone.  Makes sense.  This was my first dabble in creating a new door symbol.

Thanks, Mark. I wish you had done this 2-weeks ago.:) I just finished the project with the master bath I was working on using this style cabinet. I just "faked it" and moved on. Thanks for sharing this one; maybe I can use it on the next as Pinterest must have highlighted this particular cabinet door style recently!

18 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Thanks, Mark. I wish you had done this 2-weeks ago.:) I just finished the project with the master bath I was working on using this style cabinet. I just "faked it" and moved on. Thanks for sharing this one; maybe I can use it on the next as Pinterest must have highlighted this particular cabinet door style recently!

Thanks Mike.   Glad you could use it!
I've been looking for an excuse to try my hand at this process.

• 1 month later...