How to create a rectangle pillar

Mtommo

I am trying to insert an interier rectangle Brick pillars, four in total, size 360mm x 250mm in my games Room which the middle two would be the entrance to the games Room, I can't seem to find any in Chief Architects Library, does anyone know if this is at all possible? 

Mike

A simple rectangle, or with a cap and base? Either way, you can do this quite easily using the polyline solid tools. Start to drag out a polyline solid, before letting go of the mouse, hit tab, enter your 360 x 250 dimensions. Then open the object, and specify its height, elevation relative to floor, layer, and material.

image.thumb.png.625932e2fc2274fbb65d264a7250466b.png

So many ways...

In addition to the things already mentioned above:

- 3D box primitive

- there is a "Closed Box" in the shapes library

- the ever versatile soffit

- custom counter top

- floor material region

- landing

- and if you feel clever, you could even use a terrain feature but you will have to turn off the building hole to see it in the house.

- and if you really like working harder than you need to, you could create one just using 4-6 3D face primitives.

- and if you really, really like working hard, you could probably create a brick symbol and stack them up one by one (but if you want realistic mortar, it's going to be even more work).

Maybe we should have a contest to see who can come up with the strangest way to create this?  :)

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Maybe we should have a contest to see who can come up with the strangest way to create this?  :)

Hmm... that could be to build a solid the size of the entire room, then use solid subtraction to remove everything but the columns.