BenQ Monitor

Electromen

Yes, I love my 32" Benq's ( BL3200 - newer model available these Days though), I went from 23" NEC IPS types to the 32" and like the extra Room. Their VA Panels are very good and may let you save some money vs true IPS monitors, Personally I did not go 4K either, mine are 2560x1440 models.

this one is $399 online ( Amazon , B&H, Adorama, NewEgg etc)

Several others I have recommended Benq's too have also liked them. Strangely though the CAD/CAM Setting is not for my eyes at least.

@MarkMc   I think Mark may have that model so maybe able to give you more info.

M.

I use thunderbolt to display port adapters with my two from my Mac Pro.  Works great.

Finally retired my 27” Apple display and went with a 32” Samsung curved and a 25” ultra wide LG.

8 hours ago, rgardner said:

I use thunderbolt to display port adapters with my two from my Mac Pro.  Works great.

Finally retired my 27” Apple display and went with a 32” Samsung curved and a 25” ultra wide LG.

Thanks, Display Port cables are about 1/4 the cost of Thunderbolt

I use displayport (DP) on my desktop but the Nvidia card has 3 DP outputs , my monitors being older do not have thunderbolt , so I can't really advise.

However I have read I believe that thunderbolt allows daisy chaining ie 1 cable to 1st monitor another from the 1st monitor to the 2nd monitor but then

the Monitors would need thunderbolt inputs AND outputs , so look at the Specs carefully.

You may need 1 cable of each ( or adaptors and some aren't cheap) if the outputs on the Laptop are 1 DP and 1 TB .

* not sure if Macs have HDMI ports? that may also be an option.

M.

41 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

You may need 1 cable of each ( or adaptors and some aren't cheap) if the outputs on the Laptop are 1 DP and 1 TB .

* not sure if Macs have HDMI ports? that may also be an option.

M.

OP has a Mac pro desktop (professional desktop version Mac has and not a laptop.  That particular model does not have HDMI ports rather 6 Thunderbolt 2 as it has dual video cards so has to bring them together to the mainboard for distribution to the monitors.

I use dongles (already had them before I changed monitors for wife's old setup).  But a quick search found a good review and cheap price on these cables: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RY8D7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01N5RY8D7&pd_rd_w=6yuNz&pf_rd_p=48d372c1-f7e1-4b8b-9d02-4bd86f5158c5&pd_rd_wg=rOC5y&pf_rd_r=KGAAYNPZ7Q62B1ANEDY2&pd_rd_r=8948c729-d3ce-4b0c-a72d-73824097f63e&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMVdHTVFaMDZaN00mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyODE0ODg4NzJVQk8xMFdIQlQmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDM1MTM0NjJGUTNHTUZTM0dQMkMmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

OP has a Mac pro desktop (professional desktop version Mac has and not a laptop.  That particular model does not have HDMI ports rather 6 Thunderbolt 2 as it has dual video cards so has to bring them together to the mainboard for distribution to the monitors.

I use dongles (already had them before I changed monitors for wife's old setup).  But a quick search found a good review and cheap price on these cables: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RY8D7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01N5RY8D7&pd_rd_w=6yuNz&pf_rd_p=48d372c1-f7e1-4b8b-9d02-4bd86f5158c5&pd_rd_wg=rOC5y&pf_rd_r=KGAAYNPZ7Q62B1ANEDY2&pd_rd_r=8948c729-d3ce-4b0c-a72d-73824097f63e&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMVdHTVFaMDZaN00mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyODE0ODg4NzJVQk8xMFdIQlQmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDM1MTM0NjJGUTNHTUZTM0dQMkMmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Thanks for your help.  My computer is a Mac Pro (Cylinder) with six Thunderbolt 2 ports and one HDMI.  I"m going to order two Mini Display to Display cables and two USB-A to USB-B cables.  I want to use the HDMI for a TV when customers visit.  I'm ordering it all now.

1 minute ago, Electromen said:

Thanks for your help.  My computer is a Mac Pro (Cylinder) with six Thunderbolt 2 ports and one HDMI.  I"m going to order two Mini Display to Display cables and two USB-A to USB-B cables.  I want to use the HDMI for a TV when customers visit.  I'm ordering it all now.

Nice.  What is the USB Cables for?

3 minutes ago, Electromen said:

USB input to the monitor feeds four powered USB outputs.

That is a nice option.  My wife's monitor (Dell) has that and it came with the USB A-B cable.  

40 minutes ago, Electromen said:

If Ryan was right earlier , you'd need mDP to Thunderbolt adapters too ??  ( or TB to mDP or DP depending on monitor inputs.

Just now, Kbird1 said:

If Ryan was right earlier , you'd need mDP to Thunderbolt adapters too ??  ( or TB to mDP or DP depending on monitor inputs.

I downloaded the User Guide.  The monitor has MiniDisplay Port, Display Port, and HDMI.  

Thunderbolt 2 and MiniDisplay are the size and fit.  From what I've read, there is not need for the Thunderbolt cable, just a MiniDisplay to Display.

17 minutes ago, Electromen said:

I downloaded the User Guide.  The monitor has MiniDisplay Port, Display Port, and HDMI.  

Thunderbolt 2 and MiniDisplay are the size and fit.  From what I've read, there is not need for the Thunderbolt cable, just a MiniDisplay to Display.

I can confirm this works in my situation.

Apple thunderbolt 1 & 2 = mini display plug

Apple thunderbolt 3= USB C plug

I came within seconds of ordering the monitor and got called away.

When I returned, I did a little more research and found that 4K may not be the best resolution for things like reading this forum because the text will be smaller.

I know I can scale it, but now I'm considering the 2K monitor.  BenQ is coming out with a new model PD2705Q and it's $139 less, $278 less for two.

3 hours ago, Electromen said:

found that 4K may not be the best resolution for things like reading this forum because the text will be smaller

I ended up doing the same thing - I tried the 4K TV like many here 1st and I found things were too small generally and a couple of years ago Win10 didn't handle different Resolutions well on different Monitors but especially on the mix of TV and monitor , so I returned the TV and got my 1st 2K Benq - then picked up another later as the old 23 Inch NEC's didn't work well in Portrait mode as well I'd hoped.

M.