Subterranean driveway walls...

Designer1

If I use half walls, which was my preference because I can have a top cap to the wall and have it look finished, when I raise it beyond the plate height of the lower level it leaves a floor space between it and wont stay continuous to the next floor.  

If I use a regular wall type, like shown here in the picture theres a lot more steps to make sure the left and right walls at the curb and street are both the same height.  Nice thing about the regular wall type is it doesnt have the gap for the floor space like the half wall does.  Clearly pros and cons for both wall tool.   I like that the half walls and railings you can select each wall and adjust height and also choose a wall cap for the top for a finished look.

Any suggestions on best chief wall tool to use for this instance?

Thanks in advance!

Subterranean walls.jpg

Use regular walls for the driveway (but should probably be made of CMU or conc.), then make that room Open to below, and set room height to 3' or whatever height you want your walls...  then put a cap on the walls.
By the way... if this is a real project... not sure a car could actually make the turn to get  in/out of that garage down there.

basement.JPG

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

Any reason not to use a foundation wall on the foundation level? Then an additional "railing" wall on top of it with the same wall definition?

Not sure if you're asking me or the OP, but I'm showing a foundation wall on the foundation level.
Railing wall on top is what I first tried, and it wasn't working right.

35 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Like this?

Yep!!.. just like that.  Not sure why,  but when I drew my railing walls and completed the 'room' they would immediately drop down below grade.  Behavior I didn't expect.  I was drawing them over the basement foundation walls which I had already drawn by dragging them out from under the house, so that probably had something to do with it.  Ok...I just tried again drawing the railing walls first and it worked... so that was it.  Not sure why it won't work right the other way though.

1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

By the way... if this is a real project... not sure a car could actually make the turn to get  in/out of that garage down there.

I'm more concerned about where you go when you get to the bottom of the driveway, OP pic. :o

Hahaha!  Im laughing at my original post and the comments. Yeah I can see how this is funny... I was in a hurry and didnt explain the question enough.  Yeah there are no railings or inside walls used its foundation walls and all the appropriate stuff but I was just trying to use the best materials for the rendering.  I know its a bit harder to apply texture to foundation walls then regular ones for renderings. 

How do you guys add textures to the foundation walls just add layer for stone?

By the way... thanks everyone for your help and recommendations!

These designs were just concepts for high density luxury so nothing planned at this point just ideas.  The subterranean driveway has no corners to turn other then to get into the garage.  Looking at my first picture I posted it looks like its a single car garage door but its a full size door easier for entry/exit.

Subterranean driveway.jpg

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

How do you guys add textures to the foundation walls just add layer for stone?

Really depends what you want it to be and if you just want it to look like something or if you want it to be modeled like it would actually be constructed.
You can just 'paint' the walls with whatever material you want to just look the part... if you want to model actual construction then you'd need to make your wall definition match what you want... or for applied material, like tile or thin brick for instance you 'could' use a wall material region, but I'd probably go the wall definition route for this much area.