Need help finishing the roof layout

ElisaC

Hi,  I am have not been able to design the roof and ceilings for my plan.  When I add the ceiling height, wall height to living areas all the walls at the right side of plan disapear and the roofs are drawn on the foundation level.  Its like all the walls disappeared, the windows and doors are still there sticking out of the roof.  I am at the end of my talents and just need to find someone to help.  I have attached my plan.  All ceiling height are 10 feet except the living room which is 14 feet with a 22 foot vaulted ceiling.  The entry is 22 feet ceiling.  I need the porch ceiling on the left to be flat and at 10 feet matching the kitchen inside and the porch out side the living room to match the ceiling inside.  I am willing to pay a resonable fee to complete.  Thank you in advance.  I can be contacted via email as well at elisauvalde@hotmail.com

Roof plan.plan

@ solver

What!!!! that is almost it!!! So I cant see the front profile but there an entry way tower that has ceilings at 22 feet.  The back hip roof that is connected to the living space I was trying to make it a Gable roof all the way through to the end of the porch. Something like this.  What did you have to raise the ceiling heights to?  All the house is 10 foot ceiling except for the living area.  I am using Chief Arch Home Designer Pro.  I have no idea how you did this

image.thumb.png.83545f20fde14c0d37d80032c9c3c228.png

@solver  Please let me know if it would be easier to switch programs.  I am new to Chief products and if Chief Architect is better bang for my buck then I would rather start using it in order to become familiar with it now rather than later.  Would I be able to draw the roof lines in Chief Architect?  Is that the reason I cant do it in Home Designer?

48 minutes ago, solver said:

Maybe this video will get you on your way.

Nice video Eric.
I was impressed how you immediately honed in on the tower causing the roof build problem on the right.  That one flummoxed me.