Tough Roof Lines

ElisaC

Hi fellow Chief users,

I am new to the software and having trouble building the roof to my project.  I have attached the floor plan.  After select to auto draw roof the guest side of the house walls disappear.  The roof and ceiling on porch to left are hip roof with walls at 10 feet.  The porch next to that should follow the same ceiling as the living room with gable roof extended through out.  Please help I have been trying to figure this out for 2 days now.  I have re drawn the plan etc.  

Roof plan.plan

Is this what you're looking for?
A bit hard to tell from your description... you're talking about a porch to the left?...and the porch next to that?... and there's only one porch that I can see, and it's right in front.

Roof for Elisa.JPG

@DzinEye You have talent! Thanks for responding. The front of the house is spot on! I cant see the back of the house.  So the roof behind the tower is a gable roof to cover the vaulted ceilings in the Living room.  So all the ceiling heights are 10 feet through out the house except in the Living room which I need at 14 feet if possible and a vaulted ceiling with a 20 foot peck.  Also trying to get the back patio to have this look.  One side gable and the other hip.

image.thumb.png.e510973d39c08a11fc5870e1264d8a6d.png

FYI... one of the reasons we ask people to include their signature in the Forum is so we can see what version of Chief they're using, along with other things.
I made the changes in X12 and just went to save and now I see that you must be using an earlier version... sooo... unfortunately my changes are not going to be useful to you.
What version are you using anyway?

20 hours ago, ElisaC said:

Hi fellow Chief users,

I am new to the software and having trouble building the roof to my project.  I have attached the floor plan.  After select to auto draw roof the guest side of the house walls disappear.  The roof and ceiling on porch to left are hip roof with walls at 10 feet.  The porch next to that should follow the same ceiling as the living room with gable roof extended through out.  Please help I have been trying to figure this out for 2 days now.  I have re drawn the plan etc.  

Roof plan.plan

I'm not a pro yet - I find in your plan the area to the right (br's) floors info does not agree with Liv Rm floor data

17 hours ago, DzinEye said:

I'll give you the x12 plan if you decide to upgrade to Chief.

If you are feeling Nice ...I know you are :)  ...then check the box in Defaults under Plan to allow HD Users to edit the File.... and resave the Plan.

It won't help of Course if it is not HD Pro 2020 though and I see no Signature confirming the Software title in Use.

M.

25 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

If you are feeling Nice ...I know you are :)  ...then check the box in Defaults under Plan to allow HD Users to edit the File.... and resave the Plan.

It won't help of Course if it is not HD Pro 2020 though and I see no Signature confirming the Software title in Use.

M.

Ha ha... actually I always have that checkbox checked because I regularly share projects with an interior designer who uses HD Pro.
The OP has another thread where she was seemingly entertaining upgrading to X12 is why I mentioned... but she hasn't yet responded to Eric's or my ask of what version she's running.  Anyway... in the mirror thread (per Eric's post above) it appears he's now taken the model further than I have, so his may be more useful to her.  Anywhooo... sure FWIW here it is... 

Roof plan II.zip