Excluding roofs from material list. How?

GeneDavis

We can do it for walls by putting them on a layer and unchecking the M.  Chief looks at the wall as an assembly of layers, and when then running the material list, does not include the materials for siding, sheathing, drywall, or insulation.

But we've no similar way to do this for roof planes.  How do you make it such that a roof plane's materials are not tallied in the material list?  One can put the roof's polyline (what you get when selecting a roof plane) on a layer and specify that layer without the M checked, but that does not do it as it works for walls.

The options we have for controlling exactly what gets calculated by the Material List and how those items get calculated are some of the most robust controls for anything we have in Chief.  I really don’t have the time to type it all up, but everything you’ve been asking about with regard to the Material List is totally doable.  I sent you a PM, but give me a quick call when you’re in front of the computer and I’ll give you a few pointers on-the-house.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

selecting a roof plane) on a layer and specify that layer without the M checked, but that does not do it as it works for walls

You would also need to add the Roof,Gutters and Roof, RidgeCaps , AND the Framing, Roof, Rafters to that Special No M Layer as well I think.

*and any other Items like Roof,Blocking. or Roof Trusses etc as needed , or simply uncheck the M in the ALDO

M.