Separate Polyline Solids Appear As One in Views?

Chrisb222

Is there a way to prevent polyline solids that touch and share the same plane from changing to appear as one?

Each connection within the three circles shown are individual PL solids (2x4s), but in 3D vector views and elevations they lose the separating line.

65193390_ScreenShot2020-04-30at9_54_21AM.thumb.png.289bd289b5231cdd67e4286b5152abf0.png

I'm wondering if there's a way to force the program to show the lines. I can do it by creating a tiny gap between the solids but that's a little tedious. I tried converting to a solid but no help.

Thanks

Thanks for this post, I learned a little tidbit I had not come across yet, it is good info to know about the different materials and makes sense why chief models it that way.

Just curious as to why you are using polyline solids to frame that instead of actual framing materials?

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

Just curious as to why you are using polyline solids to frame that instead of actual framing materials?

I was wondering the same thing. I’d just use general framing members in a case like that. No need to mess with different materials.