Chief Architect X12

Arielle_02

2 hours ago, BrianBeck said:

If you are getting the Fault Tolerant Heap(FTH) message then Chief will run very very slowly until you have reset the FTH.

Take a look at this article for help resolving the issue:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03114/message-windows-fault-tolerant-heap-fth-has-been-enabled-for-this-application.html

by resetting the FTH  do you mean turning it off for the chief application ? While not affecting other programs? I am getting this error and it takes 20 or so seconds to complete every damn command and is making Chief basically useless. I have read the article and it says shutting it off it says it can cause problems to turn it off. An IT friend of mine is saying same thing to me but mentioned resetting the parameters...so I am hoping that may be an answer ? 

I believe the FTH issue is usually a side effect of your program crashing frequently.  One common reason for this would be a bad video card or driver.  This help article may help you to resolve those issues:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03049/troubleshooting-chief-architect-software-closing-unexpectedly-on-windows.html

If all else fails, then please contact our technical support team during our normal business hours.

1 hour ago, BigKahuna said:

by resetting the FTH  do you mean turning it off for the chief application ? While not affecting other programs? I am getting this error and it takes 20 or so seconds to complete every damn command and is making Chief basically useless. I have read the article and it says shutting it off it says it can cause problems to turn it off. An IT friend of mine is saying same thing to me but mentioned resetting the parameters...so I am hoping that may be an answer ? 

You just need to reset the FTH which clears the list of flagged applications which will result in Chief running much faster.  

Paste this command into a command prompt that is running as admin to reset the list:

Rundll32.exe fthsvc.dll,FthSysprepSpecialize

4 hours ago, BrianBeck said:

You just need to reset the FTH which clears the list of flagged applications which will result in Chief running much faster.  

Paste this command into a command prompt that is running as admin to reset the list:

Rundll32.exe fthsvc.dll,FthSysprepSpecialize

Thanks Brian,

I appreciate the help / advice.  I believe that is what my IT friend was saying. My only concern had been resetting it for all or if its possible to reset it just for Chief. Resetting all it says may allow other programs to possibly crash more. I usually only have any problem with Autocadd locking up but I have backups and can restart that pretty easily if and when it happens.. resetting it hopefully will be the answer. Thanks again