Text problem

capitaldesigns

Over the last couple of years I have saved a lot of notes in CA 10 & 11.

I have created typical note sheets for both residential and commercial project.

When I open them up in CA 12 they are all screwed up. The text for some reason

in CA 12 is bigger and they are on top of each other. They were typed in as rich text.

Now they are all individual lines of text.

I spoke to tech. support today and she said they they have been hearing about this

problem. She said it's not Chiefs fault, it's has something to do with the new fonts

being a little different than the old fonts.

She said that I need to click on each line of text go into the rich text specification DBX

the go to options and check off both Auto Height and Auto Width. This works but doing this

one line at a times is going to take along time.

Has anyone else ran into this problem ? and is there a faster way to correct this problem

other than one line at a time ?

Thanks,

Mike

Attached are the plan file and layout file. 

I inserted the floor plan notes in the plan file so you could open the note file.

The notes part normally part of my layout page.

If you look a pages 1, 2 and 9 in my layout file you see that the notes are

all screwed up. 

Is there a quicker way to correct all the notes at the same time instead of

one line at a time ?

Thanks,

Mike

Atkins-New Floor Plan 2.plan

Atkins-New_Floor_Plan_2.layout

Looks like you should be able to use the match properties tool to get things done a lot faster Mike.  Just select one Rich Text Box and then Match the Object Type and open the Rich Text DBX.

I wonder what they changed about the font because it looks the same to me.

I already had, one line at a time changed the notes you revised.

I tried it on one of the other notes. It worked on half of the text . The text

is now not on top of each other. Half of the text is about twice as big

as the correct text size. I have the first 6 lines of text to big. The next line

is correct. Next line to big, Next line correct. Next 5 lines to big. Next 8

lines are correct.

I have no idea why it would correct some text and leave the other lines

twice as big. It must be the mystery of Chief. At least half was corrected

Which leaves me less work to correct the other half.

Thanks,

Mike

I had this problem when I got a new 4k monitor with a different  resolution. I did have to change each one by opening and closing.  It happened mainly to blocked cad details and not unblocked text. That's why templates are important you only need to fix it once. This has happened to me a few times over the 15+ years I have been with Chief.

I just opened your files and the text all looks perfect on my monitor... so it seems this almost certainly must be something to do with your particular computer/monitor set-up.

Maybe try changing your monitor display resolution just to see if it makes any difference?

A few months ago I bought a new Dell computer. I'm using the same monitor since it fairly new.
I upgraded to CA 12 at the same time I bought the new computer. I have CA 11 on the new computer

as well. When I view the note sheets in CA 11 everything looks fine. It only messed up when I view

in CA 12. 

I have corrected some of the text by double clicking on the text, one line at a time, This for some reason

this corrects the text size. 

Thanks,

Mike

Just in case it wasn't clear... I opened it in X12... but yeah, that is interesting you're opening it in both versions of Chief on the same computer/monitor and getting different results.  Still it's curious why it's coming out just fine on my end in X12.