Recording walk thru's

winterdd

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10132/breckenridge-walkthrough-video.html?autoplay=10132

How do they get this to walk so smoothly for a walk thru? Zooming in with the wheel does not give that kind of presentation.

And i would love to know how to add music to the presentation. That is a great addition to make the vid more professional.

Use a walkthrough path and set your default Full Camera to a low Incremental Move Distance and Rotate Angle.

Use a reasonable speed and slow down in the corners.  Have fun and don't fill your hard drive.  Run a quick test recording or you will be at it all day.

• Upvote 1

Or a 3D mouse but I think a walkthrough path if it is done well is better and also repeatable so you can document revisions which I find is key.  Once you show a customer something in video you will get way more feedback than if you present a 2D B&W.

• Like 1

Very true. To me 2d black and white equals an autocad presentation. Why not use chief to its potential. Looking forward to trying the path. I assume you will need some sort of video editor to add to the walk through like music?

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Well, adding background music it’s hard at all. On top of that, it’s easier than most people think. You can use a simple app you find on the apple store and not only, and everything is done in some seconds. Of course, if you use it for bigger projects, then it’s better to get in contact with music promotion companies since there are a lot of legal details you should take into consideration. However, I’m sure after you finish one video, everything will become easier for you, and you won’t need help from anyone.