Manual Framing for Patio Cover

NickBigelow

I need to build a patio cover plan that's free standing. The Header against the home should be against the Glue lam. After building walls under railings. I can't seem to edit the post and glue lam height on the side next to the home. Can anyone assist? 

I'm new to this program and need some help to get this fixed for permitting asap. I feel i could hand draw this faster at this point. :(

Parra Patio Cover.plan 2.plan

It's a Manufactured home. The county will not allow the patio covers to be attached by a ledger and joist hangers on the home. So its sits next to the home without being secured to the home.

I finally deleted the rear railing then manually set post and beam.

I've done this a lot with patios and carports that are free-standing. If I have troubles making Chief build it the way I want, I don't fight it (no time for that), I just do all posts and beams manually. Goes pretty quick.

• Like 1

Hey Eric. 

Thanks so much for the video and help on this project so each camera view needs to have setting changed to show frame. I thought i had done that. 

The different color rafters was me attempting to make them look wood. Just didn't finish.