Changing electrical outlet default

capitaldesigns

When I place a 110 outlet into the plan from the menu bar it comes in as a GFCI. This is correct for bathrooms & kitchens but not

for bedrooms, living rooms, etc. Is there a way to change the menu default outlet to a standard 110 outlet for every room except

bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms and garages ? 

• 2 months later...

Thanks. I see that the standard 110 outlet was showing as a GFCI outlet. I made the change and it now works correctly.

I am still not getting the correct outlets placed in the garage and laundry room when using the automatic placement feature.

I California GFCI outlets are also required  in garages and laundry rooms. The automatic placement feature places standard

outlets in those 2 rooms. Is there a way to change this so it places GFCI outlets 

Thanks,

Mike

• Upvote 1

Hi Mike,   The software is not quite that user friendly such that you can just redefine a specific room type.  However there are preset room functions and you can assign them to a room type.  So redefine your Laundry and Garage to be a Bath room function and you are all set.

3 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

And the garage floor gets a nice tile finish as a bonus.  

Change room type back to garage after.

I was not suggesting to change the room type Gene.  There may be some other issues that result from my suggested method but floor tiles are not one of them !