LAYOUT PAGE TABLE

Treehouse2339

1 hour ago, Treehouse2339 said:

I am having an issue with my layout page table.  Maybe a macro issue.  The sheet title and page number will not populate to the layout page table.  In my project browser the page number and title will not show either.

Could be that on the page information tab the include in schedule is not selected?

1 hour ago, solver said:

It might help someone to have a simple plan and layout showing the problem.

If that is not the issue this is your best bet to get help.

2 hours ago, Treehouse2339 said:

In my project browser the page number and title will not show either.

They don't if you haven't right clicked them and Edited the Page Information ...ie add the Sheet No# and Page Title.  The # makes Chief number the pages consecutively.

image.thumb.png.1a019701b51b9bc3a6686cfbefcc204c.png

Thanks Mick.  I did not know I had to enter that information.  I thought there was just a macro I could add on sheet 0.  One other question.  I have extra sheets that I do not necessarily use for all my plans.  So I end up deleting some sheets.  When I do this though it does not populate to the layout page table.  Am I wrong in assuming I am missing a step?

You are definitely missing something .

I use a # for the page number as K bird said then when you remove a page everything after that page renumbers automatically. same if you add an extra page.

I would try deleting your current page table and place in another one, there may be some weird broken link.

I thought there was just a macro I could add on sheet 0.

There is , but the Macro "reads" the information from what you enter in the Page info in the Project Browser.

1 macro uses the Page Label for the Page Number

image.thumb.png.dd73a71ac3ca354b1328efea55130606.pngimage.thumb.png.49e4c0ce3fb173f3331fc7cad9c2ad72.png

1 macro uses the Page Title for the Page Name  eg 1st floor Plan.

image.thumb.png.138dcb3e6ff671baf9eb32d8ea6361b0.pngimage.thumb.png.313836010d85f94d511687e2bbe78d4f.png

both of these macros are added to text boxes on Page 0   ( see pics)    the one for the page or sheet number is already there but maybe using a different macro....

Mick.

One other question.  I have extra sheets that I do not necessarily use for all my plans.  So I end up deleting some sheets. 

There is no need to do this as Chief will not print a Sheet if it has nothing on it.  ( Other than the Title block and other info created from Page 0 )

M.