Getting the porch to automatically build a foundation wall with a footer when you run build floor ?

LeRoyWells

19 hours ago, LeRoyWells said:

Is it possible to have CA build the foundation wall along with the footer when you go to build foundation walls

Thank you

LeRoy

image.png

Test Porch.plan

Open the dialogue box for each railing wall...go to the structure tab...at the bottom of this tab make sure you check "Bearing Wall" and "Create Wall/Footing Below".  Then build your foundation...the software will create a foundation wall and footing under the railing walls.  

2020-04-28_10-19-49.thumb.png.1a4181393342ea3ca4950742a53abdc9.png

If you always want a foundation under your railing walls...which is probably unlikely...you should open defaults, go to "walls" and open "railing walls"...and check these boxes.  This way each time you draw a railing wall you will always get a foundation. I would suggest you don't do change the default...more than likely you will only need a foundation wall under your railings occasionally.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LeRoyWells said:

Thank You Steve

That did the trick

A guy at Chief Architect told me that the program would not do that automatically

Just a followup , I can tell by the image in the 1st post that you used the Interior Railing Tool ---- note the Drywall below the railing,

use the straight Deck Railing Tool or straight Deck edge Tool instead if no railing is required.

M.

On 4/28/2020 at 6:25 AM, SNestor said:

Open the dialogue box for each railing wall...go to the structure tab...at the bottom of this tab make sure you check "Bearing Wall" and "Create Wall/Footing Below".  Then build your foundation...

There should be no reason to check Bearing Wall for the scenario being discussed.  All that should be necessary is Create Wall/Footing Below.  

Also, I would definitely recommend against checking either of those settings across the board.  It should done for the walls where you specifically want a foundation wall and not anywhere else, simply selecting all railing walls or

changing the default are both just asking for problems.  

• 11 months later...

When I select create wall/footing below in the porch wall dialog box it creates the foundation wall but it puts a 1-1/2" offset in my basement wall (see picture).  Why is it doing this and how do I fix it without turning auto foundation off?

porch foundation.jpg

2 hours ago, joey_martin said:

Are the main layers above in line with one another?

1 hour ago, Jambruins said:

Yes

If they are lined up then the problem is the wall definition is building the foundation to a different point.  My guess is most likely they are not lined up as the railing wall is probably slightly set back.  The foundation builds to the layer of the wall that is defined in the wall definition box.