Loft floor is showing on top of wall

jgauntz

23 hours ago, jgauntz said:

I have a loft and the flooring for the loft is showing through the wall or is on top of the wall .  Is there a setting to stop this from occurring?

FloorThroughWall.png

3679RivervailDrive_New_FirstFloorplan.plan

Build it like in the Real World that trimboard sits on the plywood ( subfloor)  not on top of the flooring............

image.thumb.png.b2280df34e01b53dcce87e01b403e0b9.png

58 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Build it like in the Real World that trimboard sits on the plywood ( subfloor)  not on top of the flooring............

If only we could give the bottom rail a negative value for 'raised from floor'... 

5 hours ago, DzinEye said:

If only we could give the bottom rail a negative value for 'raised from floor'... 

There is one trick that may work - depending on the situation.

You can't change the bottom height of a rail.

So...this is probably easier to do in a cross section view.

Select the rail and uncheck Specify Railing - make it a normal wall.

Adjust the bottom height to suit.

Change it back into a railing.

Adjust rail heights, etc.

6 hours ago, DzinEye said:

The OP wasn't using the Bottom Rail , in fact it could be turned off in this plan, hence my suggestion to just lower the P.Solid to the Real World height.

M.

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

The OP wasn't using the Bottom Rail , in fact it could be turned off in this plan, hence my suggestion to just lower the P.Solid to the Real World height.

Yeah, your suggestion was fine, I saw that it was a p-solid, I was just saying if only we could lower the bottom rail then wouldn't have to create a separate p-solid.

2 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Ah yes.. that might do it.  Did you try it?

Yes it works fine , this is the trick to do Fascia Mounted Railing - Search the Topic and you'll find post from me and glenn ...and others about it.

M

4 hours ago, glennw said:

There is one trick that may work - depending on the situation.

You can't change the bottom height of a rail.

So...this is probably easier to do in a cross section view.

Select the rail and uncheck Specify Railing - make it a normal wall.

Adjust the bottom height to suit.

Change it back into a railing.

Adjust rail heights, etc.

13 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Yes it works fine , this is the trick to do Fascia Mounted Railing - Search the Topic and you'll find post from me and glenn ...and others about it.

Oh...?  I thought I saw that post and it required doing a double wall with an invisible inner wall or something like that.  I'll have to have another look.

1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

Oh...?  I thought I saw that post and it required doing a double wall with an invisible inner wall or something like that.  I'll have to have another look.

There are two methods , the double wall approach allows for better two post corners etc and was discovered more or less by accident by Doug(?) while trying the method Glenn posted a couple of years ago. Pretty sure I posted sample Plans for others in a couple of those threads for other to look at.....

M.