NEED HELP--Curving and Circular Driveway

Boogdaddy

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do a driveway the way I want in CA. I have watched tutorial videos, searched YouTube and read tutorials on this, and also searched the forums here for a how to accomplish this. I did find one forum post that suggested doing the circle driveway portion in CAD, converting to a ROAD (not a driveway-maybe they're treated as the same by CA?) and then placing a hole in the circle/oval. However, I can't figure out how to convert the circular portion from a CAD polyline to ROAD or DRIVEWAY. I don't know if this is because most of the info I could access online was based on older versions of CA (and mostly much older), though I would think the process would be largely the same. Perhaps CA has provided different tools in the later/latest version. I'm running X12. I've had some success using the Spline Driveway tool doing some of the curved portion from the road to the the circular portion, but beyond that I'm stumped. I've hand-sketched a quick site plan to explain what I'm hoping to accomplish in CA.

Site Plan.pdf

@Kiwideziner  Thank you for your response. Is this best done by converting to Road (Perimeter), Sidewalk Perimeter or Terrain Feature? Or is there another option? And will the converted circular portion of the drive merge to the Spline Driveway portion without trouble or is there a specific process to merge them?

Thank you for the responses...I'm getting closer! I have drawn the basic outline of the gravel driveway and the concrete driveway in front of the garage. For the gravel portion, I drew as a CAD polyline and converted to the larger polyline to Terrain Feature and changed material to Gravel.  When I try to convert the inner oval shape of the circular gravel driveway on the plan view to Terrain Feature and change it to grass it doesn't work. It still shows solid gravel oval (as in Overview attached). If I check "Make Hole" in the dialog box, it'll show up, but only as a void. I've noted what I'm trying to achieve in the Plan View. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.

Partial Site Plan.jpg

Partial Site Overview.jpg

I saw this on a clients file yesterday where there was some glitch that was not allowing it to show properly either even with setting elevations level correctly.  He had started the drawing way away from x/y so I te entered the house model and I suspect that has something to do with the glitch.  Didn’t have time to Reconstruct the whole terrain but a quick fix was making the center section a garden bed feature changed the elevation by half an inch and made it grass.  It worked in that situation.  

As @Chopsaw mentions usually it is not an issue but something in this clients template I believe had it messed up. (There was something like 35 errant dormers between the four levels on the project so not sure what he did with the terrain.

Make it deeper,  give it a blue material and now you have the walls of a. pool.  

Copy that "hole" and convert to a poly line solid,  drop it down 12" and give it a water material and now you have the. water in a pool.

1126858335_ScreenShot2020-04-24at5_48_08AM.thumb.png.6ce36fb58cedddb82136c84cd1143ca6.png

• Upvote 1