Materials List - foundation bolts

robdyck

21 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Yes.  The items generated by any given object can be edited, deleted, or even added to in the Components tab.  Just edit your default foundation wall to remove that particular line item.

That's what I thought..and did! Do you think its possible that a new material list wouldn't generate correctly until the plan is closed and re-opened? Yesterday, I had another item on my garage that wasn't populating correctly in the material list, but today it is. I had used a room molding, a baseboard, to generate the drip flashing at the exterior. I had adjusted the ID tab to "exterior Trim" but it wouldn't show up. Today, it does. And I was creating a new list after said changes.

6 hours ago, robdyck said:

That's what I thought..and did! Do you think its possible that a new material list wouldn't generate correctly until the plan is closed and re-opened?

Possible, yes, but in my experience, its more likely that you did something slightly different upon opening the plan again.  There are a lot of possible little variables such as....

1. How the material list was generated (all floors, materials list polyline, selected object(s), etc.)
  2. What layer set you were using and whether or not the layer was set to report to the material list
  3. Whether the components were edited only in a default or in the actual object(s) in the plan
  4. Whether the desired accessory category was actually set to report to the materials list
  5. Whether or not the parent object category was set to report to the material list
  6. Whether or not the desired categories are being displayed in the materials list
  7. Whether or not you may have simply overlooked that the items actually were being reported (this is very easy to do in a long, busy material list)
  8. Whether or not an actual material is defined properly to actually report to the materials list
  9. .....

Anyway, there are certainly a handful of problems that can be solved by closing the plan and/or closing and restarting the program, but I tend to think that closing/reopening gets a bit more credit for fixing things than it really should and that super commonly all it really does is give us a fresh go at it where we don't make the same mistake we did before.  I obviously can't say for certain not having witnessed exactly what you did though.