Library browser preview gone

DMJRestorations

I don't know why, but I can no longer see a preview of a material or object from my library browser.  I need to see the preview that I used to see, especially when selecting brick and tile.  I'm sure there is a missing check box or something somewhere, but I can't find it.  Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

1.JPG

17 minutes ago, DMJRestorations said:

I don't know why, but I can no longer see a preview of a material or object from my library browser.  I need to see the preview that I used to see, especially when selecting brick and tile.  I'm sure there is a missing check box or something somewhere, but I can't find it.  Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

1.JPG

at the bottom of your library browser are 7 child buttons. hover over the right one ( preferences) and click. uncheck the "hide selection" "hide preview" boxes 

Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My coworker is currently having this same issue on X11 (and isn't as "tech savy", thus I'm trying to help him).  I've matched his settings to mimic mine on X12 (uncheck Hide Selection Pane, uncheck Hide Preview Pane, etc), Reset Toolbars, Reset Side Windows all while closing and reopening the program after each attempt.

Issue1.png

In X12, the "Reset Side Windows" tool should restore the sizes of the preview and selection windows back to the system defaults. 

In X11 and prior, you may have to do this manually.  Just pull the very hard to see resize handle up as shown in the picture below or in Eric's video above.

browser problem.png

O wow.  From where I was standing looking over his shoulder, I couldn't see that those "lines" were showing down there.  In fact, even now as I went to see if that was the cure, I had to be inches from the screen to see them (maybe I should get my eyes checked).  Had I known that, I probably could have figured this out without hassling everyone.  Thank you very much for the help, from my coworker and I!