New Version Installer Crashing (22.2.0.54) with Errors 2502 and 2503

Kbird1

2 hours ago, Dermot said:

Try rebooting again, redownloading the installer, and running without virus protection turned on.  

I have downloaded it several times with no joy. I am using Windows Defender and I am not sure if it can be Disabled like other AnitVirus Solutions but will look into it. Thx.

1 hour ago, MarkMc said:

I always have to copy msi files to the desktop to get them to work some setting somewhere I always forget to look for.

Will give it a try , have not heard of this issue before.

This made me think maybe Win10 is labelling it Blocked when downloaded so will look at that too....

Mick

Unfortunately neither Unblocking it or running from the Desktop helped , so will look into Windows Defender a bit more....

And here are the Update Notes if someone needs them, they were offered when I used the Chief Update message Login but not on subsequent Visits to my Locker for some reason.... chief-architect-x12-update1-notes.pdf

image.png

Mick,

A quick google search indicates those error codes have to do with a permissions issue either with the Windows Temp folder or the c:\Windows\Installer folder.   

I would do search on those msi error codes and try a couple of the suggested fixes.  

17 minutes ago, BrianBeck said:

Mick,

A quick google search indicates those error codes have to do with a permissions issue either with the Windows Temp folder or the c:\Windows\Installer folder.   

I would do search on those msi error codes and try a couple of the suggested fixes.  

Thanks Brian appreciate it, I thought they were Chief Error Messages, ( why I posted here)  not Windows .msi Errors , so didn't even think to do a google search on them.

I get one error straight after the other so it maybe both the folders you indicated......not sure how the Permissions were changed though..... thanks.

M.

Update :   All is well in the (Chief) Universe Again : )  thanks Brian....

image.thumb.png.c78d25e361965f73b81143f693691bd8.png

it appears it was indeed a permissions Issue on the C:Windows\Temp folder even though Administrators had full control already, once I added myself and gave myself Full control it worked. ( I also did the C:\Windows\Installer Folder just in case)

FYI : the downloaded .msi does not allow itself to be "run as Administrator" via right click and Win10 automatically "blocked" the download.

There are a number of write-ups online for Help but these two were helpful :

https://kb.foxitsoftware.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040660391-Fix-Error-2502-and-2503-while-installing-or-uninstalling

https://winaero.com/blog/fix-msi-installer-errors-2502-and-2503-in-windows-10-windows-8-1-and-windows-7/

Mick.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm still having Issues with this , and though not a "Chief Problem" since it effects ALL installs and uninstalls, but today 

it was Chief in particular, but I found that Microsoft has a Tool / Troubleshooter for helping with this Issue too,

which did the uninstall  off the Old Computer fine today

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

M.