Dimension to Underside of Siding

mattradk

I am using CAX6 and am trying to get the exterior dimensions of a residential structure to reach to the extent just under the siding. From inside to outside, the exterior wall should have 1/2" wallboard, 2x6 stud walls, 1/2" OSB, 2" rigid insulation, and then siding for which I've allowed 1/2". All of the wall components will sit on the platform except for the siding, which should cover the rim joists.

I believe I have the correct dialog box and selections to do it (or maybe not …. see attached screen shot). However, after I make the selections in the Wall Type Definitions dialog box and back out of the dialog boxes leading there, I find that the cross section is incorrect, and the outside of the siding is flush with the platform. If I return to the Wall Type Definitions dialog box to find out why, I find that my selections have not been saved.

I'm careful to make sure that I back out of each dialog box correctly (Clicking OK, OK, Done, etc.) but the changes I make are not saved.

There's probably something I need to select or conditions I have to meet, but darned if I can figure them out after hours of messing with it.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks!

Dimension to Inside of Siding.jpg

Thanks for your responses. It appears that using Siding-6 instead of Frame-5-1/2 allowed me to do what I needed to do.  It's been a couple of years since I used this program so I'm back at the bottom of the learning curve.