Can't Scroll In Plan

coco135

Go to solution Solved by UMBuilder,

Hello All,

I use to be able to scroll in a plan but no longer, now it zooms instead, i am on a mac and pinching also zooms.

i don't know if it stopped scrolling after the latest mac update or before but it drives me crazy...

in view i have scrollbar checked.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello All,

I use to be able to scroll in a plan but no longer, now it zooms instead, i am on a mac and pinching also zooms.

i don't know if it stopped scrolling after the latest mac update or before but it drives me crazy...

in view i have scrollbar checked.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I do not have an idea.  It may be mouse related.

I do not understand the "pinching process".

I would rather my scroll wheel zooms instead of scrolls.  With the scroll wheel I can QUICKLY zoom out and then QUICKLY zoom in to the area I would like to see.

Bottom line,  I think the scroll wheel is controlled by the mouse preferences.  I will say it again,  I would rather the scroll wheel zoom in and zoom out vs scroll to another part of plan.  Give that a try and see if you like it,  if not,  check your mouse preferences for what the scroll wheel controls,  whether it is a zoom control or a scroll control.

Thanks Scott,

I am on a macbook pro so i am using the trackpad so no scroll wheel just panning with 2 fingers usually scroll and pinching 2 fingers in or out, zooms.

Thanks again, hope someone else might also have some experience with trackpad.

I am not sure which mouse you are using,  I have an IMAC and in the beginning I was using the APPLE MOUSE,  I hated it when working with the MAC.  

I have since bought a LOGITECK USB mouse with a scroll wheel and I love it.  But I do not know how to alter the PREFERENCES for the mouse but that is okay,  I like it as is.

I have a mouse on the home MAC and I hate that mouse,  ain't that funny,  I use it but I suppose I would rather have another logitech mouse for the home mac but I am too lazy to deal with it.

Again I will say,  you may want to consider getting another mouse for the mac,  I found the mac mouse was tough to work with.

Thanks Scott,

I am on a macbook pro so i am using the trackpad so no scroll wheel just panning with 2 fingers usually scroll and pinching 2 fingers in or out, zooms.

Thanks again, hope someone else might also have some experience with trackpad.

Jeez,  a track pad,  my gosh,  I give you credit for working with that......  I have tried the track pad and I think I am too uncoordinated to use it.

Jeez,  a track pad,  my gosh,  I give you credit for working with that......  I have tried the track pad and I think I am too uncoordinated to use it.

Haha, took some time but it actually works very well for me, till....it stops scrolling :/

• 5 weeks later...

Yes i am using 10.10 (Yosemite) and the issue started after the upgrade, i found it is a known issue with 10.10 (Yosemite).

The command key and clicking on the trackpad is not idle but sure helps so thanks for that.

​Hopefully CA will be able to sort this out with an update.

• 4 months later...

I am not sure which mouse you are using,  I have an IMAC and in the beginning I was using the APPLE MOUSE,  I hated it when working with the MAC.  

I have since bought a LOGITECK USB mouse with a scroll wheel and I love it.  But I do not know how to alter the PREFERENCES for the mouse but that is okay,  I like it as is.

I have a mouse on the home MAC and I hate that mouse,  ain't that funny,  I use it but I suppose I would rather have another logitech mouse for the home mac but I am too lazy to deal with it.

Again I will say,  you may want to consider getting another mouse for the mac,  I found the mac mouse was tough to work with.

did you install the Logitech software Scott? , I use a Logitech trackball which is great, albeit on Windows and have the scroll wheel set as the middle mouse button, with the cursor over the plan it zooms in and out  , with the cursor over the scrollbar it scrolls up and down. All eight buttons are programmable on my trackball ,likewise on my 4 button mouse.

M.