Plan rotation & X,Y axis

cjanderson66

I have come across this situation a couple of times but can't seem to figure it out.  I have drawn a site plan based upon a survey and then had to rotate the plan to make it so that the walls will be parallel X,Y to my screen.  When doing so it seems that now my X,Y&Z have been rotated as well.  How can I rotate my X,Y axis so that it matches my plan view?  

May need a few more details as it is not entirely clear what is moving and what you have rotated.  Usually best to leave the structure where it is and rotate the survey plot lines to suit, then the north arrow needs to also be rotated so the survey angles are still correct.

• Upvote 1

To follow up on Chopsaw's reply: before you rotate the plot plan, insert the north pointer (under the line toolbar drop down). Make sure the north pointer matches the orientation of your plot plan. Then rotate the north pointer with your plot plan so that the property line bearings stay correct.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 5:39 PM, Chopsaw said:

Usually best to leave the structure where it is and rotate the survey plot lines to suit, then the north arrow needs to also be rotated so the survey angles are still correct.

This is how I always do it.