VIRUS CAUSING A NEW TREND MAYBE?

mtldesigns

Wondering if any of you all have had this request.  The builder I am working with is wanting me to go back and add UV lights in multiple locations throughout the houses I've designed and to include on future designs.  All spec houses.  all it en tales on my end are symbols I need to create and label UV. They wants under kitchen cabinets, a light in the main coat closet with timer, and an extra outlet on the front porch for UV boxes that home owners will put their foot attire in.  Has anyone had this request?  Easy to do for sure, but maybe a new trend.. or a small business opportunity for someone out there to provide. 

They didn't say the kind or brand, just to accommodate for it, with symbols (fixtures, switches, etc.).  I know my previous day job, we designed pharmaceutical plants/labs, they had industrial size UV units everywhere.  So I get the jest..  Didn't know they made them to mount under a 24" cabinet.  

.At the present time, UV light fixtures of this type are mostly available in hospital grade.  GE quit making the lamps when Obama sent all light bulb manufacturing to China.

Companies are quickly developing fixtures, but right now, I don't know of any available at a reasonable price.

Note: Some UV light waves are extremely dangerous to humans., even from light fixtures.

I'm doing more research on the subject and am in direct contact with manufacturers reps.  I'll report back when I have solid information.

Interesting article.  I know they are used in the facilities, but the far-UVC has potential, if it can be tested more and mass produced.

Please do Greg.

I don't know if this builder has done any research on their end...  and maybe there are residential safe units that he is aware of.. but I'd like to be more educated myself.