Import docs to layout

BarbKinfolk

Hi All!

We are submitting everything digitally with COVID-19. Anyone know how to add engineering plans/specs and other docs to construction docs in layout? THe City of Austin is requiring everything be in on digital doc.

Thank you,

Cheers!

Barb

We have been lodging digitally for several years now, all in PDF format.

We supply plans, specifications, calculations and other documentation in separate files.

If they require them in 1 file it will be huge, but can all be put together with PDF editing software. I use Foxit Phantom.

hope this helps, as don't know the exact requirements.

In case you are on a mac (Don't see what you use in your signature line (BTW this info is very helpful to others trying to answer your questions.) If not maybe this will help others searching for something similar.

Other option for compiling if you are on a mac is natively inside preview, just open up the files you need to compile and use the preview thumbnail on the left side and just drag from one document to the next (you can multiple select all pages in the thumbnails and drag them all into the document you want as your end document.  You can also re-order your documents.  There are of course other programs you can use for pc or even mac but this one is very easy imho.

As Graeme said, PDF is the way to go.  You should be getting structural etc. as PDF... print yours in PDF and compile in PDF editing software....there are many to choose from.  There are free PDF readers, but I think you'll have to pay for anything that offers compiling and other editing features.  Wise investment though... I use it every single day.
Importing that many PDF's to Chief ... you'd bring your computer to it's knees.