Drawing Elevated Homes with pilings

cwbhunter

I have imported .dwg file of the structural for a home we are getting ready to build. I am trying to recreate the home in Chief Architect for the 3D rendering capabilities and am running into issues connecting floors. I started by taking the ground level foundation poly line and converted it into a slab with footings. I then created the slab holes with footings and aligned them over the current pilings. Once that was done, I built the 12x12 posts using the general framing post and created all of the posts. This is the point where I run into issues, because the top of the posts should be the bottom of the 2x12 joists. I tried to build all of the joists and stringers using general framing and have that created in another file, but when I go to add a new floor, I can't seem to get the elevations right. Any help would be appreciated.

Use foundation method, make your walls invisible and set room height to the length of your pilings. You can trim down your wall type ( no footing ect...) then your floor frames normal and of course all your Pilings will be manual work.

2 hours ago, ShaneK said:

Use foundation method, make your walls invisible and set room height to the length of your pilings. You can trim down your wall type ( no footing ect...) then your floor frames normal and of course all your Pilings will be manual work.

There are lots of ways to accomplish this style of construction.  Erick was kind enough to do a search for you (usually easier and faster than asking on the forum,) and those are great ways of doing it.  I have done a few in South and Central America which this can be a similar style of construction.  

My preferred method is

-Foundation for the footing on level 0

-Posts & Beams on Level 1 

-Subfloor and 2nd story on Level 2

Best of luck! :)

• Like 1