Tiles again!

creatrix

X12

iMac Mojave

Anyone know why my material may be coming in upside down — notice in screenshot that it is correct in Library. Also making extra tile rows that are not in my

jpg exported from Adobe ID. I have unchecked Retain Aspect ratio and input exact size of wall that tile goes on in tub area. Also did that in ID creating image 

at same size as wall. For clarification, gold tile meant to sit at tub with diagonal decos and off whites going to the ceiling.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 2.06.25 PM.png

The pattern repeats infinitely up and down and side to side, so it's just a matter of you scootching the pattern down to where you want it using the vertical offset.  You could move it up, or you could move it down, either way you'll get the result you want... just need to play with the distance to get it where you want it.

• Upvote 1

Well that is just too damn much trouble — experimented with all kinds of numbers but didn't ever get it to move to the right place.

Sometimes I wish we physically drew again and this wasn't a necessary "time saver" evil!

At least I knew what to do then to get what I wanted.

Thanks for attempts.

Custom backsplash doesn't help — still comes in off. And when I do the vertical offset at a negative, the tile moves up instead of moving down. When I look at the image and guess how much to do the vertical offset, am I missing something? In other words, the diagonal tiles are 8.25 so I look to see how much of a tile is showing below the gold band and then input that guess.

In the image in which you said you stretched it and it didn't work, it appeared to me that you painted the whole wall.... which means that the yellow stripe is down below the tub edge.  You need the material region or backsplash or whatever area you create to stop at the top of the tub.  Also, as I said before it doesn't matter if you move the tiles up or down, the pattern repeats, so eventually it will get to the right place.  If you moved it the same as I did (-42), try instead (-21")... where does it show the yellow band?  

I have so many entries in the Library that I'm not sure what I sent you and what is there. I tried in one to enter -21" and the band went up the wall. I've delisted all of the entries and will import another material, put it in a Custom backsplash and play with vertical offset . . . again. I understand the repeat but I don't understand why there isn''t some approximation of math to use when adjusting the offset.

I might be wrong but I thought the Offset was based on 0,0 and not the substrate it is applied to.  So without knowing exactly where the tub is in the plan file the posted offset numbers are irrelevant.

Try a cad detail of the elevation view if you want to try and measure and make sense of the adjustment you are making.  In theory you should be able to get it on the first try that way.

And since you made the material life sized Eric's video method should be the simplest solution this time.

Wow! thanks for the youtube Eric! I will diligently go about following your instructions to the best of my best ability.

I grew up thinking I wasn't very intelligent and I'm sure that's how I look here so I appreciate all of y'all's patience

and care! And just ignore what may seem like female emotionallity — it's what I am!