CAD Detail View Defaults

tds_cc

Hi all. I have a question about the CAD detail drawing view. How do I set the defaults so text, leader lines and dimensions draw on the correct layer? Whenever I start drawing a new detail, I make sure my current CAD layer is set to the CAD layer I set up for drawing details. But there doesn't appear to be a way to do the same for text, leader lines and dimensions. So for example, I will draw a leader line and it will default to the layers I have set up in my normal drawing view page (for printing at 1/4" scale), not the layers I set up for for the CAD view (for printing at 1/2" scale). This means I have a leader line with a huge line weight and arrow. My work around is to manually adjust the leader line and then copy and paste the leader line so I don't have to keep changing them every time I place a new one. Same thing for text and dimensions. Does anyone know how to fix this?

17 minutes ago, tds_cc said:

. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Make an annotation set with the defaults you want, then have that selected before doing detail from view. Or use it when creating a new detail from scratch.

4 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Make an annotation set with the defaults you want, then have that selected before doing detail from view. Or use it when creating a new detail from scratch.

Thank you soooo much! It worked. Super simple step but not obvious. 

• Upvote 1