Sign in to follow this  
djhplanning

rotate layout view

5 minutes ago, djhplanning said:

Hi LevisL, I'm finally playing around with this again.  I did download a PDF reader pro lite app and tried printing.  Still getting the same thing happening.  I was just wondering what adobe app you were using?  I know there are some other app options available.  

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is the app I use. I just recently tried the free trial of Foxit PhantomPDF and it worked as well.

Bluebeam Revu for Mac used to work too, but Bluebeam stopped developing the Mac version and it doesn't work with Big Sur anymore...

your pdf appears normal to me, I use Adobe.

55 minutes ago, Rpadge said:

your pdf appears normal to me, I use Adobe.

That's the problem.  The PDF looks normal on the screen, but when printed on my home printer, the solid black background appears.

Probably doesn't help you but It prints fine for me.

2 hours ago, Rpadge said:

Probably doesn't help you but It prints fine for me.

It does on a Mac too, but just not if you print from the Preview app (and certain others I guess). That's where there's a bug and any image with a transparent background with come out with a black background on the printout instead. 

20 minutes ago, LevisL said:

It does on a Mac too, but just not if you print from the Preview app (and certain others I guess). That's where there's a bug and any image with a transparent background with come out with a black background on the printout instead. 

Thanks again guys.  I will continue to work on solving this.