Rafter Tails

builtright3

7 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I tried to run a roof from the top down and putting a negative pitch but it recognized the lower portion as the eaves

Yep... I tried too.  It doesn't seem to want to put rafter ends on the high side no matter what.  

3 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Yep... I tried too.  It doesn't seem to want to put rafter ends on the high side no matter what.  

I may have to manually put the rafters in and turn off the rafters layer

Unless someone else has easier way another way.

Edited by builtright3

45 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I tried to run a roof from the top down and putting a negative pitch but it recognized the lower portion as the eaves

Sorry I think i was thinking of beams, and maybe if did the roof with a 0 pitch even though I wanted some slope.

Symbols may be the way to go.

25 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Sorry I think i was thinking of beams, and maybe if did the roof with a 0 pitch even though I wanted some slope.

Symbols may be the way to go.

Have to go out for a few hours so I will try symbols when I get back. Haven't worked with symbols in a while so I have to check the help.

2 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Have to go out for a few hours so I will try symbols when I get back. Haven't worked with symbols in a while so I have to check the help.

A psolid may be just what you need drawn in elevation view but converting to a symbol sort of locks it if things are final.

• Upvote 1