Why won't roof framing build? Did manual, now want all the fills and perimeter.

GeneDavis

Help is a little light on the description but I think that is correct.

"check Retain Roof Framing to keep the selected roof plane’s framing from being deleted and replaced when roof framing is rebuilt."

Pretty sure I have always auto built before doing manual modifications as most of the other things in the program.

This is what it says in Help and yes I have this box checked.

"One checkbox is unique to the Structure panel of the Roof Plane Specification dialog: check Retain Roof Framing to keep the selected roof plane’s framing from being deleted and replaced when roof framing is rebuilt."

11 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

This is what it says in Help and yes I have this box checked.

Like I said the description is a little light as to how auto and manual are handled and if there is a difference.

Unfortunately I think it works the same as "Retain Wall Framing"

Maybe this helps:

Keeping Framing Current
When you modify your plan, move walls, raise or lower platforms or redesign the roof, any framing present in the plan will not update to reflect your changes. In order for the framing to be updated, you must regenerate automatically produced framing and either edit or delete and replace manual framing.
For this reason, it is recommended that you wait until your model is finished, or nearly finished, before creating framing. See Drawing a Plan.

Manual Framing
It is vital to remember that manually drawn framing objects and copies of them are not retained when automatic framing is rebuilt.
If a plan is not final, therefore, do not spend a lot of time altering or copying automatically produced framing objects. It is best to wait until your design is final before doing manual framing work.

Search: Manual vs. Automatic Framing

Solved, sort of.  Unchecked the "retain" thing for a single selected plane, checked "build framing" and it gave me the subfascia, the ridge, and an unwanted rafter.

But no lookouts.

I started another thread about the lookouts.