4.25 square tiles in Tile Backsplash

creatrix

Yes! How did you get an image of the icon?

So my tiles are jpegs and I gather they need to be something different? Oh yes, I see in my other client file that they were PDF's.

So I'm making a backspl. with grout in Adobe InDesign. I'm going to check out now so I can walk my dog. I'll be back at it tomorrow and give a report.

You all are awesome and I have to say, though I get super frustrated, this is much better than VectorWorks!

thank you ,thank you, thank you!

34 minutes ago, creatrix said:

Yes! How did you get an image of the icon?

It takes a bit of work, sort of like the challenge you are facing.  

1. Take a video screen recording.
  2. Playback the video.
  3. Pause the video.
  4. Capture paused video image with another tool like Windows Snipping Tool. 

Keep us informed as to how you are doing.

Once you have a seamless tile pattern put together in Adobe you can save it as a .jpg and then from your User Catalog, right click and then new > material and import the .jpg as your texture source.  You may want to click the help button once you are there for information on some of the other settings. Once that is set up in your user catalog in the Library then it can be applied or painted onto the backsplash.

5 minutes ago, creatrix said:

I have a pattern but it is not seamless. So all I know to do is make other collections in InDesign so that I can make the tiles match (ie. pattern shown won't match in the corner now).

If you're able to open and use the tiles I sent you in the plan above, then you can arrange them in whatever pattern you want.  

As per usual, my ignorance may prevail; however, will I be able to "cut" tiles in the backsplash as needed? I have my pattern set in ID but need to make it so that I can join the pattern as necessary. I'm liking the way my pattern is showing up with clear tile images since I took them from photos rather than screenshots.

10 minutes ago, creatrix said:

As per usual, my ignorance may prevail; however, will I be able to "cut" tiles in the backsplash as needed? I have my pattern set in ID but need to make it so that I can join the pattern as necessary. I'm liking the way my pattern is showing up with clear tile images since I took them from photos rather than screenshots.

Yes you just need to make copies of the material and adjust the Offsets for the texture.

Screen shot looks great by the way.:)

Thank you all for your help! Visuals are the name of the game — she didn't like the randomness of the pattern and couldn't see it until it was larger and in the Kitchen. Viola! Chief Talk and you all are my saviours!

Oh jeez! Does it ever get easier? So if anyone is still in the mood to help, see how in the screenshot the image in the Library isn't the same as what was painted on the backsplash? I made it 19" high in InDesignIsecond screenshot) so why isn't it correlating appropriately? What have I done now? Do I have to do it one by one in CA?

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.54.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 4.04.49 PM.png