X12 ray tracing change?

djhplanning

Does anyone know if and what changed with ray trace rendering in X12 from X11.  Getting very dark and poor lighting when doing interior rendering.  I've placed lights on the interior as I did with X11 and am not seeing much of a difference from not having any lights at all.  I have even opened a project that I did in X11 in X12 and have not changed anything and still get very poor lighting when ray tracing.

Here is a sample of a rendering I did about a year ago in X11 and the same view in X12.  I changed nothing.  Note the poor lighting quality in the X12 version.  Have played around with lighting settings all afternoon and nothing seams to change.  What am I missing.  Anyone had the same problem?

Bercher-Wigand-Ten Eyck-3D1 3-12-19.jpg

Bercher-Wigand-Ten Eyck-3D1 4-8-20.jpg

As far as the lighting above the cabinets and ceilings, is there a roof over the model? foundation made?

You may need to bump up the lumens on some lights, I thought I read that the lights are more accurate in x12

Probably others have more suggestions.

"I have even opened a project that I did in X11 in X12 and have not changed anything and still get very poor lighting when ray tracing."

If you have an X11 plan that does not look the same in X12, then please report this to our technical support team.  Please send us the X11 plan, and not one saved in X12, so that we can compare them ourselves.  Please include a saved camera in your plan so that we can be sure that we are both looking at the same thing.

As far as I know the only thing that has changed is the ability to use lighting sets when raytracing.  If you have a saved camera view in X11, it should look the same when opened in X12.

4 hours ago, MPDesign said:

As far as the lighting above the cabinets and ceilings, is there a roof over the model? foundation made?

You may need to bump up the lumens on some lights, I thought I read that the lights are more accurate in x12

Probably others have more suggestions.

Hi Michael, hope things are well with you.  I do not have a roof or foundation on this model.  I have been working on a current project and got to the point where I was ready for an interior rendering.  This is the first time doing an interior rendering since upgrading to X12.  I set some interior general lights in the room like usual and rendered.  Very poor quality lighting and grainy image.  I then opened a project I did about a year ago in X11 just to compare.  I opened it in X12 and changed nothing.  Did a rendering and still get poor quality lighting and grainy image.  I've also played with bumping up the lumens like 3 times as much with very little improvement.  I seam to have no control over the general lighting.  

2 hours ago, Dermot said:

"I have even opened a project that I did in X11 in X12 and have not changed anything and still get very poor lighting when ray tracing."

If you have an X11 plan that does not look the same in X12, then please report this to our technical support team.  Please send us the X11 plan, and not one saved in X12, so that we can compare them ourselves.  Please include a saved camera in your plan so that we can be sure that we are both looking at the same thing.

As far as I know the only thing that has changed is the ability to use lighting sets when raytracing.  If you have a saved camera view in X11, it should look the same when opened in X12.

Here is the X11 plan that the original renderings came from about 1 year ago.  Camera 2 is specific camera I was showing previously.  

Bercher-Wigand-Eyck-Remodel_E_2-11-19.plan

6 hours ago, MPDesign said:

1 hour ago, djhplanning said:

I do not have a roof or foundation on this model. 

Those lights are typically because the model has no roof and/or foundation.

Did you try playing with Interior Ambient setting in the Standard Rendering - Techniques dialog?

1296130036_ScreenShot2020-04-09at3_02_27PM.thumb.png.d06ab9b52e2484a1577ec58be7990a0a.png

I went ahead and opened your plan in X11

and opened camera #2. Unfortunately there

are some missing textures but I went ahead

and ran a 5 pass ray trace without touching

any of the settings.

I then opened the X11 plan in X12 and ran

a second ray trace. As you can see, for me,

the images are essentially the same and the

levels of light seem the same.

X11 RT.png

X12 RT.png