Rotate Note Numbers Within The Note Schedule?

HumbleChief

Probably a dumb one but is there a way to rotate the note numbers within a note schedule as it's rotated? Been trying every setting I can find but am missing something.

Keep getting this after rotating the schedule. But want the numbers to rotate/orient like the text

Thanks

note sched rotate 1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Larry,

Don't Rotate the Schedule.  Just send it to Layout and then rotate the Layout Box.

Thanks Joe but some of my schedules are part of the plan view like the attached. Then I send the plan to Layout and rotate it there and the notes don't follow. Might be missing something basic.

note sched rotate 2.jpg

2 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Joe but some of my schedules are part of the plan view like the attached. Then I send the plan to Layout and rotate it there and the notes don't follow. Might be missing something basic.

note sched rotate 2.jpg

2 layout boxes...and put that schedule in a cad detail.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

2 layout boxes...and put that schedule in a cad detail.

Thanks Robert, I do that with my Window and Door Schedules but find having the Note Schedule in the plan allows for quick and easy note changes while in plan view instead of a separate CAD Detail. May have to abandon my ways. Perhaps the answer to my initial question is No?

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

Make sure you check it for the note as well as the schedule. That picture I showed was of a layout box.

Yeah tried the layout, the text box, the Text style, and everything else I could think of. Can you get it to work? Get the numbers to rotate with the schedule?

26 minutes ago, robdyck said:

It's all good over here Larry...although I can't help but point out that your floorplan is facing the opposite way as your title block:rolleyes:

1010390591_Annotation2020-04-08145258.thumb.jpg.377ce67ac90113c89b9c903d599f187d.jpg

Thanks, not sure what that means but am sure I can't explain things very well. What about the original question. Is there a way to get the numbers to rotate along with the text in a schedule?

1 minute ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks, not sure what that means but am sure I can't explain things very well. What about the original question. Is there a way to get the numbers to rotate along with the text in a schedule?

If you look closely at that screenshot, you'll see that they are rotated the way you want. I didn't change anything in your plan.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Larry, 
Sure looked to me like Robert showed the numbers rotated with the schedule the way you asked... but be that as it may, might I suggest that your schedule is more legible in the horizontal direction anyway, so in your layout, make a copy of the layout box your plan and schedule are in, and in the copy crop the window down so you only see the schedule.  In the original, crop out the schedule.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Larry, 
Sure looked to me like Robert showed the numbers rotated with the schedule the way you asked... but be that as it may, might I suggest that your schedule is more legible in the horizontal direction anyway, so in your layout, make a copy of the layout box your plan and schedule are in, and in the copy crop the window down so you only see the schedule.  In the original, crop out the schedule.  

Thanks Mark but the direction as shown is the problem. I would like to show the schedule in the horizontal direction to make it more legible as you suggest, not in the direction as shown.  However when rotating the schedule in the plan the numbers don't follow. I can copy the layout box, crop and adjust but would like to simply be able to rotate the schedule in the plan and have the numbers follow the rotation. May take the schedule out of the plan and put it in a CAD Detail sent to layout but like the convenience of working with the schedule in the plan view. Thanks again.

12 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

However when rotating the schedule in the plan the numbers don't follow.

I think your explanation was fine Larry, but you won't get what you want by rotating the schedule in plan view. Instead, send it to layout using the 'Current Screen' option so you have a layout box of the schedule only. Then in layout you can rotate and position the layout box of the schedule wherever and however you'd like and the text will follow!

image.thumb.png.038095577989b33dc636c7e4a69b3863.pngimage.thumb.png.0712610453f8f3787d61f8dc32c64f00.png

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I think your explanation was fine Larry, but you won't get what you want by rotating the schedule in plan view. Instead, send it to layout using the 'Current Screen' option so you have a layout box of the schedule only. Then in layout you can rotate and position the layout box of the schedule wherever and however you'd like and the text will follow!

image.thumb.png.038095577989b33dc636c7e4a69b3863.pngimage.thumb.png.0712610453f8f3787d61f8dc32c64f00.png

Thanks Robert and I understand the technique. Not sure which direction I'm going to go with my Schedules. It happens pretty rarely and it might be smart to change nothing and use the technique you described in those rare instances. Thanks again for all the input and help.

8 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Robert and I understand the technique. Not sure which direction I'm going to go with my Schedules. It happens pretty rarely and it might be smart to change nothing and use the technique you described in those rare instances. Thanks again for all the input and help.

You should likely still send it in Larry , as I'd consider that a "bug" since the Text rotates just fine but the numbers seem to be "hardcoded" to stay in "normal" orientation , and they should follow the Schedule orientation.

Just one of those small things nobody thought to "test" before in Beta etc.

M.

2 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Seems like a waste of time and energy to me Larry.
Sometimes I get hung up on these little things and it ends up being a monumental waste of time when I could have just built what I needed in a cad detail (for example) for something that I rarely even need or just except it just the way it is.

4 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Seems like a waste of time and energy to me Larry.
Sometimes I get hung up on these little things and it ends up being a monumental waste of time when I could have just built what I needed in a cad detail (for example) for something that I rarely even need or just except it just the way it is.

Thanks Joe, couldn't agree more. None of the techniques are onerous in any meaningful way and was really just hoping that there might be a way the schedule box could be rotated and have the numbers come along with the text but as you suggest accepting the way it is is the only way to keep sane me thinks.

• Like 1