Dimensions not adding up.

mpatalsky

18 minutes ago, mpatalsky said:

Can anyone tell me when you use the align below on the first floor I get fractions like 15/16"? It should be whole numbers.

Thanks,

Mike

04082020.plan

It's not 15/16 it's 49/50 and it appears caused by the housewrap layer in your wall definition, which is set to 0 but evidently has a 1/100" thickness. Delete the housewrap layer and it dimensions like you're expecting.

On 4/8/2020 at 12:31 PM, Chrisb222 said:

Delete the housewrap layer and it dimensions like you're expecting.

This issue has been around for a long time. Since I don't use the materials list, I've deleted the house wrap in all my exterior walls that call for it in my template plan.

On 4/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

Or change the "dimension to" layer in your wall definition to the studs instead of the house wrap.

Dimension to layer was set to studs. The software introduced a thickness to the house wrap in spite of it being set to zero.

1765366221_ScreenShot2020-04-10at1_46_38PM.thumb.png.0d7d16b8e4be1bde15180657b267b271.png

On 4/10/2020 at 9:47 AM, Chrisb222 said:

The software introduced a thickness to the house wrap in spite of it being set to zero.

The house-wrap is NOT set to zero OOB.  It only shows zero out of necessity when you have your Number Style set to fractional inches.  You can however manually change it to be truly zero by manually entering zero.  .  I oftentimes switch my Number Style to decimal inches so that I can better see the actual dimensions.