Troubleshooting

Hammer7

I have circles around my question spots....1.  What is the extra line on this layover porch roof?  The opposite side does not have it?  Also when I added a railing to this porch, when I connected to the house wall the wall frame changed to a wall backer configuration but it only happened on one side?  Do I have to correct the other side manually?

Trouble shooting frame wall backer and roof extra line.png

Your blue line will be your "Roofs, Overhang Area" layer being on and displayed.

Not quite sure about the auto framing. Maybe check to see if the connections are identical or maybe chief figures there is sufficient framing there already.

Thank you, the question is that the right side has two lines and the left plane has one, I'm trying to figure out why.  I suspect you are correct on the framing but I'm also always try to understand how these parameters are built in the program.

There may be something just a little off with your build or possibly it is just one of those things chief does not quite know how to handle yet, but as Larry just noted there is a 4 3/16 : 12 roof label visible so it may be as simple as that.

• Like 1

I corrected the pitch and the lines remain unchanged.  Plan is attached.

I'm also trying to figure out some ways of making this porch more attractive, I think it's too high but I don't want the facias to be mis-aligned?

Humble chief was right, I'll be curious to see what that does to my framing.

Thank you Eric, I'm not sure I can change those roof lines that dramatically without changing some of the structural components already researched.  I was able to clean it up but keep getting error messages when trying to join the roof planes.  "One of these roofs must be zero....or some such thing...

2 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

If you cut the roofs and 'join' them through the valleys instead of overbuilding them you will get more consistent Roofs

Good advice. I will autobuild roofs as much as possible and then, if one of the roofs is over-framed, I will adjust the supporting roof back down to the walls for the framing to build properly.

• Upvote 1

I adjusted the planes, centered door and roof, all of this seems proper and the lines are all lined up.  Is there something that confirms that they are properly joined?  It all looks good inside and out but the program message still says cannot join... I'm also looking to trouble shoot this from basement to ridge and send to layout if anyone can help with this level of troubleshooting for service?

GUERINNI-PLAN_April_8.2020.plan