How can I show a 3 panel hinged patio door?

kylejmarsh

Here's the door I need to specify, an Andersen A-Series with three panels:

2031957960_ScreenShot2020-04-07at11_48_25PM.thumb.png.44b15afea0c7398586ebc90db433e108.png

Here are the options that chief gives me for a hinged patio door:

1315921689_ScreenShot2020-04-07at11_47_02PM.thumb.png.06fa7bd3d6d0dfb90e094bbd034394d6.png

Should I just write a note on the drawing that says 'my software can't make a door like that...'  I'm embarrassed to admit this to Kevin, a fellow local designer who is thinking of moving to CA or a similar program, because I always talk up how great Chief is but then there's stuff like this.

What do experienced Cheefers do? 

Depending upon the actual spacing between door panels, you may also need to go to "Window Defaults" and set "Minimum spacing" from the default 2", to 0" in order to get the doors to mull properly. That setting effects windows and doors in plan view in terms of how close they can be, one to another.

DJP

Thanks for the help, I appreciate the pointers.

It does seem silly that we need to 'hack' the program like this for what seems to me a fairly standard operation. Suppose I'll make a triple door and just save it to my library.

It would seem that only sliders and bifold allow 3 panels.  Even then, only the hinged doors have the option for left/right/both panels swing.  

It would be great if Chief would open up the multiple panel options for hinged doors.  Also to allow specification of which panel was to be the swinging door

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4