Isosceles Trapezoid window

GaryOhmer

Quite a few ways to do that.  It’s a bit easier in X11 and X12, but here’s a video I made a few versions back that you might be able to glean some tips from...

...Just make the desired shape while the window is standing upright and then use the other tips in the video to get the rest of the way there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

...Just make the desired shape while the window is standing upright and then use the other tips in the video to get the rest of the way there.

Another very clever solution.  
Having watched, I can't help but wonder... if you had first rotated the window in the plan you used to create the symbol, and then instead of turning it into a regular symbol, turned it into a window, would it have worked and still maintained window properties (transparent glass, window label, schedule, etc)? 

1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

Another very clever solution.  
Having watched, I can't help but wonder... if you had first rotated the window in the plan you used to create the symbol, and then instead of turning it into a regular symbol, turned it into a window, would it have worked and still maintained window properties (transparent glass, window label, schedule, etc)? 

I haven’t watched that video since I made it (if I even watched it then), so I don’t remember if I made any mention of it or not, but I very rarely use window symbols for anything (except creating curved objects).  They have too many weird issues to contend with.  Most notably, the cutout shape is severely limited, the 2D block options are severely limited, and they don’t actually insert into walls like they should.  Instead, they behave like a surface attachment.  They’re really not very useful for their intended purpose in my opinion.