Wall type (Pony wall Foundation) Help

DzinEye

I created a recessed stem wall foundation using pony walls, and a wall cap to represent the sill for the dropped floor joists as shown in the first pictures.  I added this wall to my library, but when I use it, I get what's shown in the 2nd picture.  Is it possible to have it come out the same as the way I saved it without having to tweak it ?  

Foundation_1.JPG

Foundation_2.JPG

13 hours ago, solver said:

Seems to work for me.

Looks to me like you're getting the same issue I'm having.. no?  The top part of your wall should be short, just the depth of the floor joists like in your first pic.  I assume that one is the one you used to send to the library?  Why didn't it come out the same when you used it in the 2nd pic?

3 hours ago, solver said:

The plate is not at the bottom of the wall as you show.

Ahaa... I figured it out.  It works even better than I imagined, apparently automatically adjusting the top part for the floor thickness.  I hadn't formed a room above the foundation when I copied it which is why it wasn't working right.

By the way, before figuring it out, I was going to share my wall here, but after 10 minutes of searching for how to do that, no luck.
I believe I've seen people share library items here before... how's it done?

2 minutes ago, solver said:

Right click on the item, Export Library.

Jeez....so easy.  I've seen that, but I always thought that would export the WHOLE library.  Should say 'Export Library Item'...

6 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Jeez....so easy.  I've seen that, but I always thought that would export the WHOLE library.  Should say 'Export Library Item'...

Now if you can just get both sill plates to show up automatically...! 

51 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Now if you can just get both sill plates to show up automatically...! 

It does!  The one you see in the views above are not a true sill, but a wall cap, so the sill directly below the wall (on top of the stemwall) automatically builds with the other framing

1 minute ago, DzinEye said:

It does!  The one you see in the views above are not a true sill, but a wall cap, so the sill directly below the wall (on top of the stemwall) automatically builds with the other framing

That's pretty sneaky!