Seeking SketchUp User to Create CA Library Object

Lee05491

Looking for someone to create a window component in SketchUp which I can then import into CA X7 as an architectural block. The window component would include flared side jambs and a wood sill. I use Euro tilt-and-turn windows. These windows are set into a 10-1/2" exterior wall. I am not looking for a detailed CAD drawing, but rather a drawing that is representative of the style. I have been using CA's single casement window as a good approximation in drawings without the flare. The rest of the window specs in CA work well, it's just that CA won't allow me to create the flare. Object must be capable of being imported into X7. Object must be viewable in 3D; I don't care about 2D as I can deal with that as a CAD drawing. Hopefully, it will be scalable. See attached photo and previous attempts that were not importable. Please contact me directly at: mcginley@gmavt.net. Compensation available. 

Untitled%204[2].jpg

Untitled%201[2].jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

I've been posting this for nearly a year. Everyone says it's simple to do directly in CA, yet no one has shown me how to do it. I've spoken with or hired CA users with 15-25 years of experience and none of them have been able to do it. If it's so simple, show me.  The photo, sketches, and narrative are very clear in what I'm looking for. 

• Downvote 4

Yes, I know about pass throughs. My walls are 10-1/2" thick, consisting of two parallel 2x4 walls. Yes, CA will allow me to create a window through that thickness, but the side jambs have to be straight through, not flared, which is the way I want them drawn. So, I've created a casement window in the outer wall and then created a pass through (similar to the wedge molding shown above) in the inner wall. I've tried to save this combination as an architectural block and CA will only save them as separate objects, not as one. So, for example, when I place the Library casement window in the outer wall, there's no guarantee that the Library pass through will align with the casement window. Regarding the CA "renderings" that were included in my original post, these were prepared for me by someone I hired, then couldn't show me how he did it. So, let me be very clear: I want to create a Library object/architectural block that is identical to the symbols shown in my original post. I don't know how to be any clearer.    

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...