Corner boards to match siding

Jambruins

I can get my corner boards to match the color of the siding but they also take on the siding material look (horizontal lines spaced about 4" apart) but I can't figure out how to get the color to match but for the corner boards not have a texture to them.  I have tried selecting a different color with no texture but it does not match the siding color exactly.  Thanks for the help.

9 minutes ago, Jambruins said:

I can get my corner boards to match the color of the siding but they also take on the siding material look (horizontal lines spaced about 4" apart) but I can't figure out how to get the color to match but for the corner boards not have a texture to them.  I have tried selecting a different color with no texture but it does not match the siding color exactly.  Thanks for the help.

It is all about finding a texture that matches closesly enough with the siding.  If it is a Cedar siding for example which is one of the more difficult scenarios get a wood that is similar to it in look (not color) and change your corner boards to that material.  Then download the minwax stain catalog and mix a stain with that wood texture.   Trial and error.  If it's a cementious product like Hardie they have trim products as well as siding with the same colors and with the vertical grain.

47 minutes ago, Jambruins said:

Yeah if you're trying to use the Material Painter, that ain't gonna work. Corner boards don't have a texture, only a color. The way I get ONLY the color of an object to match another color is using the Adjust Material Definition tool, click on the corner board, and use the color eyedropper to pick up the color I want. See the first pic, which is from a Mac OS but you should be able to translate it to PC if that's what you're on.

The color still won't match exactly because the siding is various hues, but trial and error will get you close. See second pic.

1122148694_ScreenShot2020-04-03at10_29_08AM.thumb.png.c0308d642bd18f627c78ea4fa90b249a.png

1100010832_ScreenShot2020-04-03at10_52_20AM.thumb.png.e8d40fe4d7a0aaa8963bdfe6baf8e8b7.png