ChiefArchitect Premier X5

ChiefUserEldon

I have Chiefarchitect Premier X5 and was trying to transfer it from my laptop back to my desk top HP computer and keep getting this problem, if I pull up an old finished plan it works great but when I click on New Plan I keep getting this warning window saying the default template plan "Profile.plan" was not found.  A new plan will be created without using a template.

When that happens there are a lot of the drawing program that does not work.  I have transferred before back and forth and it always worked but this time it does not, I went through the downloading the program but it didn't help, I thought mabe it was my windows 8.1 so I installed windows 10 and that didn't help any so if anybody can help me I surely would appreciate it.  I started with Chief Architect #3 since I was a custom homebuilder for 48 yrs but retired sometime ago but still drawing plans for customers and need it pretty bad. Thanks Eldon

Try Renaming the Templates Folder in the Chief Data Folder to Templates-OLD and then when you restart Chief , it should notice the Template folder is missing and make you a new copy from the Programs Folder it has as a backup.

Then goto Preferences and make sure per the PDF linked BELOW that when you click the browse button it is finding the Profile.Plan

in the Chief Data Folder>Templates Folder .

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00333/restoring-the-default-plan-and-layout-template.html

The DATAS folder for each Version of Chief is in you "My Documents" Folder  or plain Documents in Win 10

ie :  C:\Users\YOURNAME\Chief Architect Premier X5 Data\Templates

image.thumb.png.77249f2d24e59b08a902f6451f308db7.png