foundation

winterdd

so the client changed the foundation on me after i completed the plans. not a big deal. went from a 4" mono slab to a raised 16" stemwall. now i am having problems running the new foundation. it creates the home but not the back covered porch or carport. all floor need to be 16" above grade. (2 blocks). any suggestions of what i'm doing wrong?

Carl_Kristen_Wade3.plan

5 hours ago, joey_martin said:

For some odd reason, when using raised foundations, Chief will not build a foundation under porches. You have to put them in manually. 

Probably a regional thing.  Most of the PNW has a 12-18” frost depth so lots of builders scrape your topsoil add your compacted fill then a 4” slab on top.  No frost wall in a lot of those areas.  Just put in a pc pier ftg for the posts.

6 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

It will if you open those walls and tell Chief to Create Wall/Footing Below.

But that will disable Auto Foundation, and I leave it on until wayyyy into my layout process. 

I generally leave the porch foundation alone and ignore that fact that they wont build until I am ready to deal with them.

13 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

But that will disable Auto Foundation

Not sure you're fully understanding.  No need to turn Automatically Rebuild Foundation off.  Simply open the walls defining the porch and set them to Create Wall/Footing Below...

Wall.thumb.png.a14d9e03fa05901e2fc56ce54b330c19.png

Yea, I understood. I checked and that method does work now, in older versions it would kick you out of Auto Foundation.

The foundation created matches the properties of the entire foundation though, which means for all the basements I do, I would still have to go back in the end of the layout process and fix the porch foundations. 

4 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

The foundation created matches the properties of the entire foundation though, which means for all the basements I do, I would still have to go back in the end of the layout process and fix the porch foundations.

Ya.  It's not gonna do everything.  It gets you partway there though.  Really depends what you're after I suppose.  If for example you want to create a mono slab underneath you can still do that without turning auto foundations off.