Room Schedule

Doug_N

What I am hoping to do is what is done for windows, doors and for that matter walls.

Here is an example for windows. 

1195990745_WindowObject.thumb.jpg.14197526a1dbbd8bc06feba5052e5b62.jpg895392758_WindowSchedule.thumb.jpg.b7d8af852cf61ecbdd2dc5d1ab4b70dd.jpg

But for rooms, no such joy.

1091863511_RoomObject.thumb.jpg.26c4dc062bcbff27a401597e5f96e776.jpg1268511362_RoomSchedule.thumb.jpg.ef845b81dc30ce2b63c869f64972c5a4.jpg

Adding existing or proposed to the name of the room creates clutter in the drawing, and is not ideal.

Adding text to each line in the schedule is cumbersome at best and if done with notes requires the addition of a note in each room.  

2 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

how about adding (N), (E) to the room name, I;'ve been doing it that way for many years.

I see this as a workaround and not as a solution.  It kind of works if you only have new and existing, but doesn't allow for extended comments.  Client Option, Client to Specify, Renovated west wall only etc.   

Thanks for the suggestion Michael and Robert.  For now, I guess that is what I will use.  And to you Perry (Drawzilla), I am sorry if I came across as being curt.  Just going through a really grumpy phase right now.  

• Upvote 1

Don't forget Doug, that you can add all sorts of additional information to a 'template' note type and then, as Michael said, just copy, use sticky mode and drop a note into every room. You are correct, that the OIP should be available for rooms and it has been requested for a long time...but we gotta work with what we've got! 

52 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Don't forget Doug, that you can add all sorts of additional information to a 'template' note type and then, as Michael said, just copy, use sticky mode and drop a note into every room. You are correct, that the OIP should be available for rooms and it has been requested for a long time...but we gotta work with what we've got! 

And bug the developers to include it in the "Suggestions" part of the forum too.   At least in my, sometimes not so humble, opinion

I've been using a Note as the Room Number and Room Name.

Then my Note Schedule is the Room Schedule.  It allows Custom Fields to be use so you can add a lot of additional information.  Of course most of it has to be done with custom macros in those fields.

• Upvote 1