Is there a way to stop walls from snapping together

DzinEye

When walls get within a set distance (Chief bases this distance on wall thickness) from one another, they want to snap together, which is usually great, but not always.  Is there a way to prevent it?
Would like to know the answer in general, but especially asking for a condition where a rail comes up perpendicular to the wall, but I don't want the joint between the two parallel/co-linear walls snapping to the intersection with the perpendicular rail.

There is no easy way to prevent walls from snapping together. Just some interesting workarounds.

If all you want to do is have your railing post offset from the main wall, there are controls to do this in X12.  You can also switch between having a full post, half post, or none.

post offset.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dermot said:

If all you want to do is have your railing post offset from the main wall, there are controls to do this in X12.  You can also switch between having a full post, half post, or none.

6 minutes ago, solver said:

Easy to offset the post, no way to offset the top rail.

Thanks Dermot, Yes, I've used that feature a few times now (whether a post or 1/2 post shows at the wall)... but does that prevent the wall from seeing the railing as intersecting?  Eric's response makes me think not, but perhaps I'm wrong.  I'm working in a project I have to keep in X11 for this particular example.