I Need to show door swing direction in door label

architekker1

You got it. All I did was use a leader line and the text macro %ObjectProperties% 

This is already in your system and you can use those properties to your advantage. I can't say too much because I'm no macro guru, but if you try it out, I think you'll see how I got there.

3 hours ago, architekker1 said:

Is there a way to put door swing LH or RH in door label, Text Macro format?  Is there a list of Text Macro available to view?

Robert,

Good one thanks.  I left the default label and added the last part of your formula  %hinge_side%H 

only to keep the standard size call out with swing now added

Door Label.PNG

1 hour ago, JJohnson said:

Robert,

Good one thanks.  I left the default label and added the last part of your formula  %hinge_side%H 

only to keep the standard size call out with swing now added

Door Label.PNG

What you see in my label shows the width by height in inches because hardly anyone in western Canada knows how to read a standard door / window size, at least not in residential construction.

You know how many times I got asked why the doors were 26" x 68"?? Not making that up!!

I’ve never been a huge fan of

the 2668 nomenclature either, and I still find it confusing even when I know it’s happening, but in Chief’s defense, it’s really not uncommon.  Plenty of window and door companies call sizes out the same way.  

By the way, just a side note, but it’s totally possible to do superscript labels in X12 without a custom font.  I still prefer a custom font because the superscript numbers are too small with most fonts and look just plain terrible with others, but Chief does fully support Unicode now so all it takes is a pretty simple text macro.  

15 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Never understood CA's thinking on that one. Easier to program I guess.

16 hours ago, robdyck said:

You know how many times I got asked why the doors were 26" x 68"?? Not making that up!!

14 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I’ve never been a huge fan of

the 2668 nomenclature either, and I still find it confusing even when I know it’s happening

That's been the standard way of calling out sizes since I learned it back in the 80's... is there a different common standard nowadays?

8 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

That's been the standard way of calling out sizes since I learned it back in the 80's... is there a different common standard nowadays?

1160809947_doortext.JPG.32bd03af312b4caac02d5957658676d9.JPG

This has been "standard" in my neck of the woods since I can remember. Drafting classes taught it for hand-drawn floor plans and lumber yards/contractors always referred to door sizes this way.

11 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Same  basic naming convention but just written differently using superscript...

2⁶6⁸

or dashes...

2-6 x 6-8

or slashes...

2/6 x 6/8

etc.

I know what 2668 means but I still have to expend a lot more mental effort to sort it out in my mind when I read it that way.  I prefer the superscript labeling to any other hands down.  It's clear and it takes up less space.

8 minutes ago, parkwest said:

Since every 18 or 19 y.o. guy who shows up on the jobsite today is at least a master carpenter... I try to reduce confusion when I can, hence...

This is how I like to label openings

image.thumb.png.560969b89508cc7123f4560427dd260f.png

I hope you're using some custom macros for those.

23 hours ago, architekker1 said:

Is there a way to put door swing LH or RH in door label, Text Macro format?  Is there a list of Text Macro available to view?

Also, keep in mind that what appears to be a left hand door could be a right hand reverse. They are not the same and I'm not sure Chief is smart enough to know the difference. This could be an issue if door edges are beveled or if you are ordering hardware with a key.