Framing Backclip - by camera?

robdyck

Can you control the framing backclip per camera view or is that a universal setting? It's really handy to automatically simplify a section view, but not so much when it cuts out your deck framing in elevation view...

Side Note...it took me one heckuva long time to figure out why my deck wouldn't show up in elevation views!!

I smell a suggestion cooking...a really strong suggestion!

Are you asking if you can change a camera to a back-clipped view?  If that is what you are asking then you can open the camera itself in plan view and set the back clip setting.  You probably already know this and I am not understanding your question.  Can you clarify it more please?

@rgardner

I'm referring to the "Framing Back Clip" option. 3D View Defaults / Vector View Options / Framing Back Clip: 

It does what it says...clips the framing. Using this you can easily prevent errant framing from showing in section view; assuming you don't want to (read: not getting paid to) make sure all the framing is modeled perfectly, but rather just to suit the needs of the drawings you're providing.